Gladstone has a Local Governing Body (LGB). The LGB is responsible for ensuring high-quality teaching and learning and good outcomes for pupils. Other aspects of governance are the responsibility of Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust.
Local Governing Body Membership
Chair of Local Governing Body, Rakhsar Shabir
Rakhar has three children, at various stages of their education. He has over 16 years experience in the science and pharmaceutical industry, the majority of which have been in managerial positions. Currently, he is a project manager, requiring him to organise, manage and direct pre-clinical studies and projects for reputable clientele whilst complying with strict regulations and guidelines.
"As Chair of the Local Governing Body, I bring an open mind, fresh ideas and a personal perspective to the success and future improvements of the school. With my experience of being in leadership roles and managing people, it could help drive through positive change and initiatives as well as process improvements. I believe this experience along with a serious professional attitude and enthusiasm will be beneficial and bring some value or meaningful difference, at least towards fulfilling the ambition for seeing Gladstone Primary as an outstanding, thriving and competing school of Peterborough."
Alan Sadler, Vice Chair
John has responsibility for safeguarding.
Geoff Walls, Associate Governor
Donna was born and rasied in Dogsthorpe Peterborough and attended John Mansfield Secondary School then Petebrorough Regional College. Donna has worked for various Government departments, most recently as an Employer Adviser, supporting both employers to recruit and Peterborough people to find work.
Before becoming a Director of Thomas Deacon Academy, Donna was a Governor of a local Primary school for several years.
Local Governing Body Meeting Dates
- Thursday 6th April, 4 pm - 6pm.
- Thursday 18th May, 4 pm - 6 pm.
- Thursday 6th July, 4 pm - 6 pm.
Local Governing Body Terms of Reference
The LGB’s key responsibility is to ensure that pupils' learning progress and development is at the heart of the Academy's priorities.
It shall consist of at least six local governors.
At least half termly - the committee shall meet six times a year plus other times as required.
The quorum shall be four local governors. The committee shall not meet without the Headteacher or their representative being present. There is an open invitation to the CEO and Trustees.
Terms of Reference:
* To ensure that the Academy sets suitable learning challenges, responds to pupils’ diverse learning needs and overcomes barriers to learning for individuals and groups of students.
* To monitor pupil progress and attainment and receive regular reports on the analysis of test and assessment results from both key stages.
* To monitor and review Academy, local and national performance information and data relating to the Academy.
* To report to the Trust Board on the achievement and progress of pupils throughout the Academy.
* To measure and review the effectiveness and input of the Academy Improvement Plan and the post Ofsted action plan.
* To understand, and contribute to, the Academy’s self-evaluation form.
* To set, monitor and review priorities as agreed by the CEO, Headteacher and Chair of the LGB.
Recent minutes can be downloaded below